Sliding Scale for the Growth & Integration Retreat
We offer a wide sliding scale depending on your individual access to money and wealth. Our sliding scale is an intentional effort to distribute resources equitably and create a more inclusive space. Below you can find a small guide on how to assess the price for your ticket.
We know that our experiences regarding these factors are different and complex. This list of questions aims to help you do some self-assessment to consider whether you should apply for a reduced price or whether you can afford to support other people’s attendance by choosing to pay an amount higher up on the sliding scale.
Please take this short questionnaire to help determine your rate:
- – Are you and/or your family homeowners or landowners?
- – Have you inherited or do you expect to inherit money or property?
- – Have you attended private education institutions?
- – Have you (or could you have) attended university or any other form of advanced education?
- – Are your bills or credit cards on autopay?
- – Do you have zero to no debt and/or do you have disposable income?
- – Do you have a safety net composed of “financially stable” or wealthy family and friends?
- – Does your income only support you, and not other family members or loved ones?
- – Have you not had difficulty accessing and affording healthcare or health insurance for you or your family members?
- – Do you have European or U.S. Citizenship?
If you have…
- …answered yes and no relatively equally, select the Full Cost ticket option and pay between €250-350 for the 4 day retreat in a hotel room full inclusive.
- …answered no to 7 or more questions, select the Sustaining ticket option and and pay between €200-250 for the 4 day retreat in a hotel room full inclusive. (We also have 2 Solidarity tickets. For details, check ‘Pricing’)
- …answered yes to 7 or more questions, select the Supporter ticket option and pay at least €350 for a 4 day retreat in a hotel room full inclusive & to support the attendance of people with less financial strength.
— Credit: This sliding scale was adapted from aorta.coop —
- €200-250 per Person Thursday-Sunday – Sustaining ticket
- €250-350 per Person Thursday-Sunday – Full cost ticket
- €350->400 per Person Thursday-Sunday – Supporter ticket ( supporting a Sustaining ticket & Solidarity ticket )
All tickets include a bed in a double Hotel room.
If you need a single room, count €100 extra.
If you want to sleep in the mattress camp, a tent, or your own bus, deduct €50 of the Price displayed above.
We will be around 35 Participants & Facilitators.
For transparency: The cost to join just covers the cost of the location (accommodation, heating, washing, utilities,…), supplies, food, drinks, and, if we succeed in our financial management, a little extra for the organizational labor